11.10.2008

hope

there is much to be said about hope. president-elect obama wrote a book titled "the audacity of hope" and star wars episode IV was called "a new hope". the bible has quite a lot to say on the subject; much that is hard to wrap my head around. i read the following this morning in my bible..."even when there was no reason for hope, abraham kept hoping- believing that he would become the father of many nations" Romans 4:18. that is just incredible, no reason to hope, yet hope did not diminish and God counted it as righteousness for abraham.

i love a lot of movies but the clip below is from one of my top 5 all time favorites, "the shawshank redemption". this is a great example of hope discovered, hope believed in, and hope fulfilled.

enjoy.




perhaps my next postings will be clips from my 5 all time favorite movies...